What on Earth am I here for?



I am very sure that most of us - if not all of us, have, at some point in our existence asked ourselves this question, "What the heck am I here for?". Then someone comes along, a friend, a lover, a son, a daughter, our parents, then somehow we are shown a path. A path we willingly take, in the hope that, it will unravel the mystery of our existence. But as we go along we are deceived and somehow side-tracked of our purpose.

Interestingly the 1st chapter of the book says and i quote, "It's not about you. The purpose of your life is far greater than your own personal fulfillment, your peace of mind, or even your happiness. It's far greater than your family , your career, or even your wildest dreams and ambitions. If you want to know why you were placed on this planet, you must begin with God. You were born by his purpose and for his purpose." I don't want to pre-empt would be readers of the book, because i am still in day 5 myself, but the 1st paragraph sure is catchy. those words certainly made their mark on me. Definitely a "must-read" for people who are searching for their purpose.

another interesting part in Day 5 is the quote from Anais Nin - US(french-born)author and diarist. Here's the quote "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." I was startled to realize that i do, most of the time, see situations, hear people talk, and probably pre-judge them according to who i am. and so the plot thickens, as they say. it feels good to look inwards, inside yourself and take a peep into your heart. is HE still there? is GOD still in the grand scheme of things in MY life? If HE were to ask me today what I did with my life that fulfilled His purpose? will the people i loved, people i touched, people i helped be enough to secure me a place in eternity?

another quote from Anais Nin "life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. this is a kind of a death."

Comments

Popular Posts