Sunday, February 19, 2006

a spurt of growth

well what do you know? i sure had a growth spurt recently. i was promoted to assistant manager last January. Hoooray right? But the funny part is that I have never felt soooooo down in my life. Like what Spiderman's uncle said, "With great power, comes great responsibility...". That was probably the part I was most hesitant about.

My life was somehow turned upside down. I now have to attend tons of meetings, manage all sorts of people, and do a lot of delegating, innovating and managing...sometimes I feel that everybody wants a piece of me and that makes me feel so tired. But hey! What am I complaining about? I was promoted right? that means I must be doing something right? i guess now i have to continue what i'm doing right, you'll never know what i might be capable of achieving ...=)

2 thoughts:

Puja said...

Take your responsibilities one step at a time and everytime you have to make a decision, just ask yourself "What is important to me ?" and be very honest and the decision you should make will become pretty obvious.

Sophiagurl said...

Hi Puja, thanks for the advice. It's been 5 months now since I've been promoted and I would like to think that I have come a long way since then. I am now, little by little, able balance work and family life without freaking out. =)