Mission Impossible

The Mission : Should I decide to take it, was to have a romantic-and-hopefully-a-relaxing evening with my hubby.

I was able to convince my husband to drive us to work today, we usually commute because it was expensive to take the car everyday. I planned a simple night out, a movie then dinner. We got there early so, we had a leisurely breakfast together which rarely happens on regular days. It was a great start to a cool day...right? Of course it was... a good start, that is.

Since I was early I was able to get on a head start to do some of my deliverables, I was right on track and that brought a smile to my face...my first smile this week. The morning was pretty much uneventful, quite the way I liked it. I was listening to my MP3 player while I was typing away at my computer, signing this and that, and consulting my staff. Lunch, was filling, I had Japanese food for lunch and red ice tea. That fact brought another smile on my face -) the mission was progressing quite well.

Got back to the office, mentally reviewing my activities for the afternoon. Meeting with the Complaints Handling Team - check! KPIs done - check! it was already 4 pm in the afternoon. It was rainy outside and that, I said to myself, was somewhat romantic. Tickets for the movies? - Oh NO! I forgot to make reservations!!!! A quick trip to pay for the SureSeats tickets - check! Training materials for Monday's orientation - where the heck is it?! Not yet done? Oh No! it was already 5:30 the movie starts at 6:25pm. The phone rang, it was my date, checking if I was ready to go in 10 minutes. 10 minutes?! panic attacks were again starting to paralyze my body. the training materials how could I have forgotten?! How can I prepare it in 10 minutes? and then photocopy it for 35 participants. again the mission was turning to be an impossible one.

But like Ethan Hunt - I was determined to make it today. I had my people photocopy the materials, I was able to get some training materials from previous trainings done by the other unit. Viola! I'm done. Now to freshen up, look good at least, for my date. Mind you, the movie was everything-but relaxing, but it was great! I got the chance to cuddle up to my hubby and squeeze his hand every now and then. Pretty romantic huh? i thought so.

My mission here was accomplished! =)

Comments

Popular Posts