Give Peace a Chance



My family and I went to the mall yesterday to buy school stuff. As expected it was crowded with moms and kids doing last minute shopping. My husband and I were sooooo amazed at the number of choices presented to us just to buy something as simple as school shoes, rubber shoes, school bags???!

It was a battle with the senses and the conscience as well, LOL! I wanted it to be something durable but funky, something classic but not so outdated, of course the bags have to be pink! Sigh, that helped narrow down some of the choices somehow. But then I couldn't help but envy the girls for all the cute-sie stuff they had to choose from. Hubby, being an expert in checking durability and the practicality of it all - helped choose the bag for my fourth-grader. They actually debated with the salesperson on some features. LOL! I steered away from the scene and grabbed my kindergarten to choose a bag for her. It was easy enough - something pink, something Barbie. Done.

Buying the shoes? Well that was surprisingly a breeze. After a few hours, we were done with our shopping. We wanted to hear the anticipated mass at 5pm. So all five of us, including the nanny, run off to the chapel to hear mass. It was a an hour of peace with the Lord and I wanted to savour each moment of it. It hit me, here I was worrying about bags, shoes and school stuff while other people are fighting a much much bigger battle. Peace.

I don't know why but everytime I hear this song during mass it makes me teary-eyed. It's a simple song that spoke so much of our desires and yearning for peace. And as I sang the song during the mass yesterday I surprisingly sang it with so much emotion. It's called One More Gift. Here are the lyrics:

ONE MORE GIFT

If there’s one more gift
I’d ask of you,
Lord it would be peace here on earth
as gentle as your children’s laughter
All around, all around

Your people have grown weary
Of living in confusion
When will we realize
That neither heaven is at peace
When we will live not in peace

Grant me serenity within
For the confusions around
Are mere reflections..
Of what’s within..
What’s within in me?

If there’s one more gift
I’d ask of you,
Lord it would be peace here on earth
as gentle as your children’s laughter
All around, all around




When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
-- Jimi Hendrix

We must want peace to have peace. Let's give peace a chance.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful! And are you going to blog for peace on June 4th?
The picture! Is that yours? Can I "steal" it? It's absolutely fabulous.
I've missed reading your blog, darlin', but I'm trying to get back in the groove. If I don't get by regularly enough, come fuss at me...peacefully, of course.
Sophiagurl said…
@@@Shelly - Hey girl! thanks so much. Nope the picture is not mine, just got it in photobucket. And sure dear go ahead and "steal" the pic. I'm glad you loved it too! hehehe

It really made my day you dropping by today. I will surely give you a nudge so you won't forget to drop by.

Have a nice day!
Jackie said…
Oh Lisa,
This brought tears to my eyes. It simply breaks my heart that so many all over the world are suffering so much.

I pray about this daily.

My goodness this is such a powerful post that I am almost rendered speechless.

Sending much love your way my sister in Christ!!

God Bless to you and yours,
Jackie:-)
Letera said…
Thanks for the moment and reminder of wanting peace thru out our world. What a crazy time we live in.
Sameera Ansari said…
That was such a cute shopping spree! :)

The prayer was lovely and soothing,thanks for sharing it.I simply loved the pic!

Hope you and your lovely family are all doing fine dear.TC.God Bless!Hugsss
Our Love Story said…
oh my... this is wonderful! i love the song too! you know, it's very true... we must want peace to have peace... yesterday, i went to the adoration chapel and found myself praying so hard for the same thing... peace... inner peace and world peace as well! there are lots of things going on these days... and peace is something that is hard to obtain! lets give peace a chance...aye to that!!!

take care and Godbless!
Jackie said…
Hi Lisa,

I have something for you.

http://shinade.blogspot.com/2008/06/8-million-clicks-and-my-xxtraordinary.html

hugs:-)
Lena said…
Such a beautiful prayer, Lisa :)
Really very touching :) Lets give peace a chance - what a thoughtful message it is :)
Cheryl said…
That first graphic is awesome! I love that you are sharing the love of Christ here on your blog....keep it up!
Sophiagurl said…
@@@Shinade - Oh dear thank you for all the love you sent my way. I am sending them all right back. Have a blessed time dear and thank you for including me in 8-million-clicks-and-myxxtraordinary.

@@@Letera - thank you, yeah we live in crazy times and peace is just something we all need right now.

@@@Sameera - LOL! thanks dear, I love shopping with the girls. Glad you loved the pic and the song.

Huggggs.

@@@Jen - hey thank you so much, I really love reading your blog =D and it surely is a plus to know that we have a lot in common.

God bless!

@@@Lena - *smiles* - so happy that you loved the post. Take Care dear!

@@@Hummie - Hello, nice to see you back here. Glad to share some of the love with you. God bless!

Popular Posts