Begin.Grow.Flow



The new year started with a bang as usual. My family watched the fireworks display and welcomed the new year making our own noise in our bedroom verandah. It was drizzling so we were not able to stay outside so much. I had a terrible cold that day, my husband had a slight fever and my two daughters had cough. Haha! And you might think that a little thing like that would stop us from greeting the new year as loudly as we can. Not!

As usual I make a quick recap of the year that was and I could not help but smile, frown and feel sad at some events that took place in my life. It was the life I made, the life I am continuously weaving. What I am really surprised about is how much my daughters have grown and I am still amazed at how much they know when I start to compare my life as a child then.

With them around, now I have no control over my own stuff. As soon as I get home, my five-year-old would ask if she could tinker with my iPhone and my ten-year-old would ask permission to use my laptop. Whoa! There goes my short moments of err "away" time, I think groaning. Now I am forced to content myself to read. I call it invasion! They have dominated even my moments for a small recreation. And I guess, that's my bit about my lack of, err, new posts here. LOL! I frowned a little as I think about that. Should I have been sharing er make-up lessons with them? Aaacck! I am afraid I would probably disappoint them in that direction. Lipstick is the only make up I have in my bag and a colorless lip gloss which does not constitute much. And I somehow felt a bit satisfied that they would grow up like me, no frizz no frill type of gal. LOL!

I am also amazed at how much my eldest daughter loved to read. She devours books and craves them by the lot. She sometimes reads three books simultaneously and would you believe she has started to read the Twillight Saga as well! Hmmmm....now she's asking me to download audio books so she can listen to them in the iPod. I always think better that than something else. My little five-year-old is into drawing stuff and making up stories in her little notebook. She also plays some kids games online (don't worry with parental guidance) and I am amazed at how she can outplay me with the new games. I envy them with all the choices they have now. LOL!

I watch contently the little bubble of happiness that is my family. My husband who is always there, ever supportive and ever loving. My mom and dad, always there when I needed them, never stopping to love me and my family. My siblings and their kids all make my life simply worth living for.

This new year, I have vowed to make new beginnings, grow a little more (probably not vertically but in some aspects in my life), and go with the flow.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

Comments

Our Love Story said…
oh that's good news, girl! they're more or less growing up quite much like you! eh san pa ba magmamana? goodluck to all our new year's resolutions! one of my new year resolutions is to put into actions or reality all my resolutions for this year! hehehe!

take care!
Anonymous said…
Go with the flow is a good resolution, girl. Especially when the children are young. Looking back (with my kiddos grown), I wish I still had them here to interrupt my alone time! I hope this year holds many wondrous adventures for you!
louann said…
Have a great year ahead! I hope this would be a good year for you. I'm sure there will be a good amount of "growing" in your life. =)
Anonymous said…
Hi! I came across your site and thought it would be great for our clients for advertising needs. I hope to discuss further with you via email.

Please feel free to contact me at blogadvertiser@gmail.com now. Thanks. =)

Regards,
Donna

p.s: please state your blog URL when you email me.
Impressionist said…
I hope this new year brings loads of happiness to u and ur family!
Peace

-I
Anonymous said…
Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!
Rashi said…
I feel it is nice to see our kids growing and getting aware...

nice post!
Sophiagurl said…
Thank you my dear friends for your messages and comments. Take Care!

Popular Posts