Breathe Again


Photobucket



The past few months have been terribly busy months for me. It feels totally wonderful having time to sit infront of my laptop and write something down. I missed Bloggerville soooo much. It's so good to breathe easily and not make life-altering decisions even for just a little while.

I have been in this constant tug-o-war between my work-life and family-life. I feel like I've been crossing too many bridges and shaking too many hands of late. The good news is I got a promotion! An unexpected prize for all the times I had to be away from my daughters. Another thing? It's summer time! My kids are now on vacation and that means beach time, swimming and travel! The crux though is, how do I squeeze in all these things in my busy life? Sigh.

Time magazine says the most important commodity today is "work". I am thankful that both hubby and I still have our work. I used to hate the corporate world, probably because I have this obscure picture of myself as a domesticated wife, raising my kids and running my home. Something I perceived as simple, do-able, easy. But then life has something else in store for me. I didn't know that I could juggle too! I was surprised to know that I could be a manager and be a mom at the same time and do good at both. The thing that I used to hate is now a challenge for me. I want to be good at it everyday. I have now shifted from mommy books to books about leadership. LOL! I am now friends with authors like Jack Welch, Warren Buffet, Stephen Covey, Robert Greene and of course John Maxwell.

My planner is my bestfriend, she manages both my work and my family life. Without her? I would be lost and clueless! If someone stole her, I'd pay the ransom instantly! Haha! I found it hard at first, I have met and dealt with some very hardened people but I have finally learned to adjust and not lose myself in the process. Some people could be very cruel. You could be friends today and enemies the next. You could be swallowed alive and not know it. Ahhh, enough about that. Today I promised myself to learn how to breath again. To enjoy this HOLY WEEK with my family doing simple stuff. Breathe in and out. That's my goal. Here's a quote that caught my eye today, hope you guys like it.

This is the beginning of a new day.
God has given me this day to use as I will.
I can waste it or use it for good.
What I do today is important, because
I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,
this day will be gone forever,
leaving in its place something
that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain, not loss;
good not evil; success not failure;
in order that I shall not regret
the price I paid for it.
~ author unknown

Breathe my friends and always make time for life.

Comments

Unknown said…
Lovely quote! :-)

Nice post...It must have been really tough juggling between family and work.Glad u managed well! And congrats for your promotion :-)

I sometimes wonder how I'll handle such situations....I dont know the answer yet!
Sophiagurl said…
@@@akanksha - thanks dear and the juggling act is innate in us women. When your time comes I am confident you'll be as good at it, if not better: ) nice hearing from yah. Take care!
louann said…
Sophiagurl, I know what you're saying. So so many times I have also entertained the idea of just calling it quits with my job to be a full time mom. But with the economic crisis and recession, I know I have to be thankful that I still have my job. Sigh.
zunnur said…
Hi Sophiagurl,

I'm so glad to hear from you!

Congratulations for the promotion, I'm glad that all the time you spent at work was appreciated and all your quality work was recognized.

It has always been a struggle for some of us to balance our life and work. The difficult part is, we're getting busier and busier as the years go by, but life must go on.

I wish you best of luck in your new position and wish you and your family a happy summer.
Sophiagurl said…
@@@Louann - it seems all mothers speak a common language and our best interest always revolves around the people we love. thanks=)

@@@Zunnur - hey, thanks! it's a struggle between two worlds but we always know which one is more important...our love for the family. Have a great summer too!
Anonymous said…
Congrats,
It's great that after your hard work , you got the result.
I know you are really strong.

enjoy your vacations.
Our Love Story said…
hi there girl... yeah, the past months had been terrible for me too... i do miss blogging as well and i miss my blogger friends whom i usually visit! i will miss u, girl and i pray for the best for u and ur family!!!

love always,
jen
surjit singh said…
Congrats.Hard work brings the fruit...
Thanks for sharing a very uplifting quote. God bless.

Popular Posts