Before I was a Mom



Before I was a Mom

Before I was a Mom -
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into
bed. I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mom -
I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to
a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never
thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on - Pooped on - Spit on - Chewed on, or Peed on. I
had complete control of my mind and My thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom -
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests...or
give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got
gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom -
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I
never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the
hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I
never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love
being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't
know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that
bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make
sure all was okay.

Before I was a Mom -
I had never known The warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache, The
wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable
of feeling so much before I was a Mom.



Happy mother's day to my beloved mom, who always inspire me to be a good mom myself. I love you sooooo much. To all my mommy blogger friends - Happy mother's day to you all!

Comments

louann said…
Sophia, this is such a beautiful post. Super touching. Very true.

Happy Mommy's Day =)
Anonymous said…
This is such a sweet post!!! ossum sis!!
Anonymous said…
I had goose bumps after reading this post, it's so true and so touching, can I save this .

Happy Mother's day.

You are a great mother .
zunnur said…
Hi Sophiagurl,

Such a lovely and touching post. "Before my wife was a Mom," I never understand how much Moms sacrifice for their children. It is indeed an amazing blessing. After being a Dad, I learned to appreciate my Mom better and learned that a child could never pay back the cost of parenting.

I'm glad that your children are blessed with such a wonderful mother :)

Btw, how are you? Hope all is well.
Amandeep Singh said…
Touching and simply beautiful!
priyank shah said…
wow! I was thinking same thing just days back, but truth is that we can never go into relationship thinking if it will last for ever or if it will never last long or how will it end.
Bhushavali said…
Awww... That's so sweet... So expressive... Loving your style of writing dear...
Thanks for dropping by My Travelogue. Do drop in often. Would love your frequent visits and comments and followups.
Also, pls vote for my blog if u like it, at this link. It requires signing up with your mail id. Hope u'll vote for me. Thanks in advance.. :)
My Travelogue

Popular Posts