A Heart of Hope



Today our former President Corazon C. Aquino was laid to rest. The country mourned the loss. After fighting for her life, the cancer won. Before she died she shared a most wonderful prayer. A prayer for a happy death. I remember my dad's elder sister who shared with me a similar prayer.


Prayer for a Happy Death
By Corazon Aquino

Almighty God, most merciful Father
You alone know the time
You alone know the hour
You alone know the moment
When I shall breathe my last.

So, remind me each day,
most loving Father
To be the best that I can be.
To be humble, to be kind,
To be patient, to be true.
To embrace what is good,
To reject what is evil,
To adore only You.

When the final moment does come
Let not my loved ones grieve for long.
Let them comfort each other
And let them know
how much happiness
They brought into my life.
Let them pray for me,
As I will continue to pray for them,
Hoping that they will always pray
for each other.

Let them know that they made possible
Whatever good I offered to our world.
And let them realize that our separation
Is just for a short while
As we prepare for our reunion in eternity.

Our Father in heaven,
You alone are my hope.
You alone are my salvation.
Thank you for your unconditional love, Amen.

This prayer was published in the Philippine Daily Inquirer last July 10, 2009.

I also want to share this beautiful song composed by M. Franciso SJ, it's called "Your Heart Today"



“Love comes to those who still hope even though they've been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they've been betrayed, to those who still love even though they've been hurt before.”

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just read about her in the newspapers few days back...lovely prayer, as also you so true and meaningful ending lines....life is all about pure love!
Sophiagurl said…
@@@flyingstars - she was a remarkable woman really. thank you :)
surjit singh said…
The prayer is, I think, a best tribute to the departed soul.
The song is really uplifting.
Thanks for sharing.
god bless.

(PS;you have changed the name of the blog)
Sophiagurl said…
@Surjit - I am glad you liked it as well. I found the prayer very moving, something I would want to say to God and to my loved ones as well.

About the blog title - for quite sometime I thought I was looking for the meaning of life looking for it in different corners and just like that I realized life is not found...you make your own. Hence...Life is what you make it.

Thank you Surjit for gracing my blog again. Take Care!

Popular Posts