1 year ago
Monday, April 09, 2007
If I were to put a highlighter in my life I would have these events to highlight.
1. The first would have to be passing the Medical Technology board exam. I know I studied hard for that and I was really proud of myself.
2. The second would be falling in love and being loved back. I know some of you are probably snickering about this one. But it was so easy to love a guy but it’s rare to find someone you love to love you back with the same intensity.
3. The third would of course be my wedding day. When you find the man you were destined to love, you don’t let go. You marry them. So that's what I did. It may not be so grand, but for the both of us. It was perfection.
4. the fourth would be Giving Birth to my first child. I think that moment was the ultimate catalyst that changed me. During childbirth, I somehow lost the “little girl” inside of me and become a MOM =)
5. the 5th, gosh it would be holding my little girl, Pia, for the first time. It was awesome, touching her, seeing her smile at me, needing me, loving me no matter what. It was nothing short of a miracle, really.
6. the next thousand moments that came after that would be the 6th. All of Pia’s firsts. First smile, first time she looked at me in the eye and recognized me as her mom, the first time she held my finger because hers were still tiny, her first cry, her first burp, her first time at home, her first words, first step. Those were great great moments.
7. next would be finding out that Pia is smart. I had hoped and wished she would be. (what mother didn’t?). but finding out for sure, was really breathtaking.
8. of course, the next would be finding out that I was pregnant again after five years.
9. ninth would be, giving birth via caesarian section for my second child. I had my first child via normal delivery and being operated on was a truly scary and awesome experience.
10. the next thousand moments would be all Zoe’s firsts like my daughter Pia.
We would probably run out of space if I would write all of the things that make up my life. What I found out is that there is no need to be afraid of all the changes that takes place in our lives. Life is bound to happen, whether you are ready or not. The best thing to do would be to just take the good stuff in and live life to the full, the best way that we can. What would you highlight in your life?