prayer


this was sent to me by a cousin.

Dear God,

Most of us always desire a perfect situation, a perfect life. Yet, you, my Lord, do not grant the perfect life. What You give instead is a perfect heart in the midst of an imperfect life. Teach me to be cheerful, hopeful, smiling amidst imperfections and to enjoy Your wondrous blessings every moment in time.

Amen.


My dad recently had an MRI which told us that he had small cysts in his brain. I was worried for my Dad, but somehow a voice inside of me was quietly telling me, " Do not be afraid." And just as the storm of emotions has started in my heart it has suddenly calmed. I knew who it was, it was someone I trusted. the being that was in total control of my whole life. it was my Lord calming me, comforting me.

Strange as it may seem I somehow welcomed this change in our lives. It was as if my heart was telling me, this will bring back your family together.

most of you are probably snickering at what im saying but then you don't know the life that my dad and mom had. as a daughter, i have eternally wanted my mom and dad to get along, to be madly in love with each other and live a happily-ever-after kinda life. isn't that what every normal child would want for their parents? they are living proof of a dream, if it can happen to them then it can also happen to me.

just this morning i was talking to my dad and i was surprised at what he told me. he told me that he liked my positive outlook in life. he said i always saw the positive and applied it my life, that was why my life was full of positive and good things.

coming from the person whom i looked up to all my life, that was a "proud" moment for me. i took my positive outlook from both my mom and my dad. they always taught me that after every storm in our life, a new beginning is imminent. as young as i am then, i knew they have given me a special gift, the gift of "Hope". and i clang to that all my life. i planned my life and my days knowing and always hoping that my life will get better. and you know what? IT HAD =) and that's because they believed in me and loved me no matter what.

So to my DAD, i pray that you be blessed with this gift as well. always seing the bright side of life. and i love you will all my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts